Friday, October 01, 2004

Here we go again!

Again, must I stand up for my capabilities? I don’t take the stand point I have because I think women should rule the world: men are doing fine with the positions they already hold and I don’t think much would be improved if a woman took their place. My sole purpose is to communicate to whomever I talk to that women do have qualities to be praised and they can handle some things that guys can’t. Case in point:

Yesterday, while at my retail job I stopped to talk with a man who was refilling our Pepsi cooler about he and his wife’s responsibilities with two jobs and how they juggle those and two small kids. I work with his wife at my property management job, as she holds a part time position after she forfeited her management position to have her youngest child. “I need her income, so we are trying to find out how to work her into that job again without leaving me to take my days off to watch the kids. It’s hard.” “What’s hard about it?” He answered, “Well, [Sarah] is a mommies girl and so mommy always has to be there or else I can’t get anywhere with her. [John] is still very young so he wants his mommy too.” Yea, it's hard, huh?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home