Thursday, October 07, 2004

When the rubber meets the...

During most kids high school years the idea that girls who 'got around' being thought of as trashier than the boys who were into the same behavior was culturally understood. As I'm finishing college, it seems that the system hasn't changed, but has it? Is it just me or has something changed in the way we divide blame?

While walking with a good friend of mine through the computer lab on campus the other night I passed a couple sitting on a couch close together, looking over school material. My friend said to me (while maintaining eye contact with the gentleman in reference, ‘Whore.’ I thought "What in the world has gone on between these two?" She explained that she and this dude had made-out the other week and now he was with some other chick. Hmmm...

Another reference. During a conversation with a girlfriend of mine, a guy she knew walked passed us and she felt inclined to tell me, "Stay away from that guy, he’s dirty." Is this all new or is something around here changing?

Back in the day the guys who were ‘experienced’ were the guys that all the girls wanted to get with. And all the girls who had ‘experience’ were the ones that guys wanted to stay away from. It doesn’t seem to me that that form of doctrine is followed anymore. I sure hope not. I kinda wanna hear that guys are being held to some type of standard.

So hearing ‘Man Whore’ makes me smile…so what?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home