Sunday, May 01, 2005

Steak thru a straw...meat on a stick

Last night I ate the best steak I've ever eaten...medium rare...PERFECT TENDER JUICY! I joined my roomie, her rents down from PA, her 'friend', classmates of hers and so on. It was fun but a looooooooooooong time waiting. We met together at a popular steakhouse chain and waited and waited. I think around the 1 hour mark we decided to bounce to a local place one of us knew about and we didn't get seated there until 2 hours after we'd met together!! WAY!

Then about 30 min. after that we got our food. 2.5 hours for the best steak I've ever put behind my lips...unbelievable. I never knew it could be so good. Rice, who cares. The little dinner salad from the bar, no good. The crackers that kept me sane while waiting, good enough. But the filet...wow. Could have drank it thru a straw.

A couple nights ago I accepted an invite from the same roomie and her 'friend' to get Chinese at a buffet just down the road. YUCKY! I like to try new things and I've started saying that my favorite restaurant is one that I've never been to. Well, this isn't my favorite. Upon my plate were things I've never seen before and meat that probably shouldn't be served on a stick but it was and I ate it. MISTAKE #1. The sign above this bin said 'Chicken on Stick' but I didn't look, taste, feel, smell, perform, like any chicken Iv'e known. Cat...maybe, squirrel...most likely. Then to home-style round-cut thin poison fries...yea, I put it in my mouth. But it stayed in there for 2.6 seconds before it was launched into the napkin held in my left-handed death grip! The boiled eggs were even off too, now tell me how can you mess those up. You put them straight into WATER (fool proof) and boil them (fool proof) until the inside doesn't jiggle as much (fool proof) then you peal them (fool proof) then cut them in half (for the last time FOOL PROOF). But they messed em' up some how.

Maybe I should look at the cooks in respect and not discussedness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home