Monday, June 06, 2005

Fun in the Sun...

Ok, since one of my closest friends made a smart comment on a current post about me not putting pictures up b/c my camera is and SLR 35mm and I have to scan pictures in after they are developed and processed, I am going to do things a little differently.

When we do stuff together and pictures are taken with his digital camera, and he posts them to his site, I am going to say “TO SEE PICS OF MY WEEKEND, VISIT www.jrgibbs.blogspot.com.” When I have the chance to pursue a sitting activity that sooths my unrested soul, then I will scan 20 or 30 of my best ones in and post them. That should be fun! There are some good ones.

My most recent adventure has been repelling a 150 foot rock face off the Blue Ridge Parkway last Saturday with 4 friends and yesterday I went on a 15-ish mile bike ride with Joey (see above address for pics!). Down a wooded bike/walk/run/skip trail along a river then all thru our rusted yet curious downtown. It should be called uptown b/c there are some hills that Lance himself wouldn’t brave. They are doozies. I did bike up a few of them without having to walk my wheels up. And that was only done using the 5 gears I know how to work. (And to think I am going to soon call myself a triathlete. I just added that word to my computer’s dictionary!)

I am going to start riding with a group of triathletes Saturday mornings and with a group of women Thursday nights. Weigh isn’t coming off like I thought it would be by now. My endurance level is much higher now than 2 weeks ago when I started training, but my body looks no different. 4 pounds and 3 inches are gone, but that scale... wicked beast of a thing. Caloric intake has lessened; intense training has filled an hour or so every day for two weeks and still no budge, only bulge. Maid of honor dresses scare me at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home