Sunday, June 12, 2005

For my favorite soldier...

Dear God:

You are all. Big and small. Beautiful. And wonderful to trust in grace through faith. But I am asking to taste—Lord I need to hear from you. Be near, oh God, for your nearness is to me my good. Your fullness is mine. Let me be full with your embrace. Whom have I but you?

God I pray in the power of the blood of your holy Son, Jesus Christ, the perfect servant to all. God give me a garment of praise for my heaviness. You are worthy of all the glory and all the honor and all the praise. You saved me, raised me, filled me with the Holy Ghost, and healed me. Father your blood will always be enough: make me evermore satisfied in your love. Let me glory in the presence of you, my King. Take this heart of stone and make it yours. God I trade all that I have for all that is better. You are the great taste, The Richest of Fare.

God it’s hard to think of what might be better than what you have already blessed me with: my precious family and most especially my brother, Daniel. God, by the matchless blood of the Lamb that covers me, I present Daniel before you now, blameless, without blemish. God, you call him your own—your child, your servant. Through Daniel I have seen a picture of your face, a measure of your grace, love of you relived. God release me of all selfishness.

Give us the hearts of servants. By your hand we move. You are God: our only source of true hope. God I’ve tried to use more of me and always come up dry. I’ve traded you for things that go away. God my happiness is found in less of me and more of you. The answer to all things is to love you and be loved by you. Let us not be satisfied with knowing you in part, and not to be with you where you are. You give me mercy, You give me grace. You beckon me to be holy as you are.

Glorious and mighty are your ways in all the earth. And may your worth arrayed in glory render hearts that only worship you. My thoughts of Daniel fill me with joy, oh the love of a sister. Never would I conceive that my love would result in such ache or such gladness. God, you ache for me in my sin—when I am far from you. I cannot compare my feelings of love for my brother to Your love for me, but Lord that leads you to understand my situation.

Smile on us, Dear God. Made in your perfect image. Made to intimately commune with you alone. Draw us to that place of pure fellowship. Revel your beauty in every creation.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And in the name of Jesus our King, reach through us to the nations of your people. To the voices of the mute, to the tears of the deserts, and to the winds of the earth. Father, You alone are worthy of all praise. God I humbly bow before the cross adding to the prayer of my sister. God asking a pardon on the flesh against the cross. Father that You would reward the soul of a warrior, and the heart of a sister. You are our God. And we love you. Thank you for my sister. And if in time I live no more hold her close God, and give her strength to continue. I love you Abby. Amen

Monday, June 13, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apropos of nuttin'...The 10 Commandments of Auto Repair are here...

http://autorepair.about.com/od/funstuff/l/bl10commandment.htm

Leonard might get a chuckle. I haven't heard you mention him lately...hmmm...

XXOOXXOO MOM

Friday, June 17, 2005

 
Blogger Abby said...

MOM! you can't send an "Anonymous" note then sign it! silly mommy =)

And talking about my 'personal life' on this thing... not sure about that. young people read this!

Haven't talked about him b/c i haven't talked to him in a while. how should i say..."we are going different places in life." unless God turns out to be Houdini and waves a magic stick (not that kind timmy and daniel!) things will remain the same.

Monday, June 20, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Abby. You can modify the profile now, not a student anymore [formally, that is]. Unless one of us died and fialed to notice, and left you endless $$ so you could do grad. school. What would you study if you did?? Just wondering.

Love always, Mom

PS: I think I said anonymous just as a way around the annoying log-in junk. I didn't intend to hide. I'll also keep the personal stuff off. Sorry.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home