Monday, June 20, 2005

4 Hours in a Saddle...

steve (seminary/outdoor rec. friend) leads a youth group and is starting to teach about dating/relationships/personal value and needs a female teacher so he's bringing me on to play that role. their VBS started today and i'm going to join them for the rest of the week to build casual relationships with the girls and some of the boys too, but focusing on the females.... excited about that! my sunday night teaching time will start here in a few weeks, so i'm brushing up on things.

last saturday i rode 42 miles with my legs to the wind and head in a helmet. crazy. i have never been more 'pro-life' than after that point. i was thinking, "this father's day is going to suck if i die on a bike! you can do it abby!" i slept for 4 hours after i got home from biking then drove 5 hours to pick up joey from the airport in N.C. and back. then went to SLEEP again. then slept in sunday morning. i was wasted tired. but not sore really. kinda weird. i drained my body of everything it had in it, but one thing didn' t hurt more than another.

going to bike to work tomorrow as i have done many times before. my quads are getting much stronger, so running shouldn't be that bad on my knees, but they still get stiff and cracky after junk like that so i got a brace and try to take it easy. thinking about muscles and foot placement as i 'glide' along the blacktop helps i think. running is going to be the most difficult part of my race, swimming is my strongest as of now. i need to be doing something everyday, but wind up only training about 4-5 times a week. not too bad, i know...but i weight lift on the off days anyhow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey abby,

My God you know I have seen love before but the note to God from you and then the one from Daniel brought a tear to my eye...I really have not talked to daneil in awhile. I figure he is busy and dont have an email adress anyways. Point being I am so happy that you all have found a strong place in God and each other. I have lost it somewhere along the line. I dont know where. I go to church here and feel nothing. (First baptist that is) I just dont know where to go next. I pray God leads me somewhere. I wanna be so close to him again. Close like I use to. I have been thinking alot about the past, Jarrod, rebecca you know old friends. I have no clue how to get a hold of rebecca nor jarrod (not that I want to with jarrod but anyways) Sorry rambling again. I just wanted to incourage you with your tri race thing. I know you will do great. Also good luck with the girls. I will talk to you soon.. Love ya heather

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abby it's good to see you're doing great. I heard that Annabelle is engaged. Sorry, you don't remember me, I'm James Wallace, I date back to Joe and Miss's Youth Group in Hawaii. I just got out of the Army in March..5 years. I pray that God continues to bless you. If you or you're sister wish to contact me my email is wallacefamily8@juno.com.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

 
Blogger Abby said...

AWWW! You guys! Heather thanks so much for keeping up with me. We need to call each other to talk. My fingers would fall off typing b/c I have so much I wanna say!

JAMES! I left a message on Daniel's web site for you to find this one, BUT YOU ALREADY did! Yea! I'll e-mail you. And I DO remember you: OF COURSE I DO. And if my memory serves me right you were dating a girl named...April? Tell me if that is correct!

JOEY! you are so welcome. It's great to travel and sometimes you need a little help with it. Besides, you might be called upon to return the favor one day! =) And it might be at 4 AM!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home