Tuesday, October 18, 2005

And the Truth Will...

SET YOU FREE! SET YOU FREE! Hallelujah! Two Sunday nights ago Steve and I let the youth group know about our ever-developing friendship/romantic involvement with each other! That was great. We made large flash-card signs and did a skit with those: having a conversation back and forth. They started to get the point about halfway thru. I’m glad they know now. That means I don’t have to lie to them anymore! I hated that. After we were done and Steve and I talked about how God has brought us into the friendship we have and now the added bonus of ‘lover’ on top of that I apologized for not being honest with the girls. There were some times when I needed to cover tracks rather aggressively which called for not being honest all the time. Man, I hated to do that. But it’s all out in the open now.

Adults at the church where this youth group is have started to share with Steve and I about how long they’ve known about our relationship, but respected our planning and privacy with the matter not to push it further than we wanted to go at the time.

We are taking steps everyday to glory in the place God has us today and not rush into future plans. Relationships take time to build, even though Steve and I have known each other for over a year, building a relationship with these kinds of implications takes a different measure of attention and care. It is our fullest intention to prayerfully and graciously accept God’s leading in our lives: together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home