Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Weighing me down…

I think at this point I must be honest with some of my male friends. I have been hurt recently by some weight comments you’ve made about women. It doesn’t sit well with girls to continuously have this be the topic of conversation. Yes, humans are wired to notice physical beauty: especially men. God made us this way and that is ok. But beauty doesn’t stop there.

It is my belief that when a man is so focused on outward beauty it will take quite a bit to find a lasting relationship when such a fickle thing is the main focus. I am saddened to fathom the numerous potential relationships that men could have with wonderful women that are disregarded simply because she isn’t a size 4 or STUNNING.

Women who fall in the middle of the ‘beauty spectrum’ are most likely going to be more down to earth, full of great character, and think more of others than themselves than ones whose goal everyday is to out-dress and out-make-up the next girl. If men are egotistical and want praise and support and attention from women, but the women they want are spending too much time on themselves in thought and action, then good luck with that.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen up guys,
This is Spc Daniel E Ellyson in Iraq. I want all of you MEN to know somthing! I have had the honor of serving my country for five years now. 6 months of that here in Iraq so far. I fight for the right of these women that are looked down on. I fight for the right of you guys that feel you have to have a 10 just to get buy. Well, a 10 is what? Coca cola bod,5'2-5'9, nice chest, thick butt, a face on a mag, and killer walk. Whatever!!! A true 10: A women of God, Set to be a killer mom, a heart to die for, knows how to talk to folks, not scared to take you home, asks you to be a part of her God life, and has family that wont take any crap from a guy that thinks with his thang. Just so you know, my sis is a 12 on that level. If you think she isn't, I recommend that you get cercumsized again and re-think your thoughts. Treat all women with respect, or you might just be that guy that is bankrupt, drives a piece of trash car, can't keep a job, couldn't finance a burger at mcdonalds if your life depended on it, and become a top 10 customer to a dirty program because that is the high point of your life. The women you want, will take your life and all inside, walk away and get another man. This is called a hoe. Be careful who you mess with. The girls you watch walk buy you every day, could be the very women that could change your life and give you everything you have ever dreamed of, not to mention...... Love. Sorry for the words abb, but I can't stand that crap!!! I love you. And guys, you can fight for your country too!! Start with the women that you look at so low. You might find yours!!! Spc Daniel E Ellyson

Friday, October 07, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last shall be first, and the first shall be last!!!

Friday, October 07, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just so you know spc ellyson not everyone can be in the military. iam glad that i looked at this when i was browsing threw people blogs you must think your something sounds to me your the peice of crap tryng to be something

Saturday, October 08, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if "anonymous" is coming back or not...but I want to know what he read. Daniel didn't say everyone could be in the military- he said "Fight for your country" nothing about enlisting. I think you're just out for shocks- hope you felt good posting that.

Monday, October 10, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well who ever posted that I am sure had a reason or a cord for saying that. But I assume that he/she wont be back. Just remember we know daniel they dont thats all that matters.
~heather

Monday, October 10, 2005

 
Blogger Abby said...

this is awesome! I LOVE IT!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home