Friday, July 01, 2005

Overflow of the heart...

The youth group I helped out with during VBS last week is like a drug to my heart! I love those kids. They are one GREAT group of young people in need of some TLC and they don't have a choice but to get it from me! They all are beautifully different and each have something special to add to the group. They are just amazing, but you'd have to visit to know. I look forward to continuing my influence via Holy Spirit and God's strength throughout the summer then....who knows?!?!

I am leaving today for Philly with a buddy of mine from seminary to visit another friend of ours who is an LU seminarian working up there for the summer for a historic weekend in celebration of our independence to religious freedom. Live Aid (or Live 8!) will be doing their outdoor free concert and 1-2 MILLION people will come. There is only one in the United States and the rest are all around the world. All day concert of MUSIC and live feed from other cities around the globe. The Philadelphia LIVE 8 Concert will be held in conjunction with other concerts at London’s Hyde Park as well as near the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, the Eiffel Tower in Paris and the Circus Maximus in Rome:
• 12:04 -- Paul McCartney & U2 Live from London
• 12:14 -- Black Eyed Peas
• 12:33 -- Bon Jovi
• 12:54 -- Madonna Live from London
• 1:00 -- Destiny's Child
• 1:16 -- Kanye West
• 1:30 -- Will Smith
• 1:50 -- Coldplay Live from London
• 1:56 -- Toby Keith
• 2:13 -- Dave Matthews Band
• 2:40 -- Alicia Keys
• 2:52 -- Def Leppard
• 3:10 -- Linkin Park and Jay-Z
• 3:50 -- Tim McGraw Live from Rome
• 3:56 -- Sarah McLachlan
• 4:11 -- Maroon 5
• 4:28 -- Green Day Live from Berlin
• 4:34 -- Keith Urban
• 4:48 -- Jars of Clay
• 4:56 -- Pink Floyd Live from London
• 5:00 -- Rob Thomas
• 5:21 -- Stevie Wonder

AND ITS ALL FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE!!!!! YEA!
We'll be coming back late Sunday night, but it'll be soooo much fun. I'm glad I'm in a place in life where I can enjoy this kinda stuff without too much headache or other responsibility holding me back. No family or babies yet, but one day. I'm ready when God is! That truly is the overflow of my heart.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Abby! It's great to see you're doing well. I think about you guys more than you know, girl! I meant what I said the last time I saw you. You are an awesome woman of God. I pray for you and your family daily. Take care of yourself girl, and email me if ya want. jenna.simmons@us.army.mil

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home