Monday, February 27, 2006

My Weakness...

I would rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ will rest upon me.
For when I am weak, then I am strong.


I am not perfect and will never boast that it is true. Never should my breath be wasted on trying to convince someone that I am better than what I really am.

If I don’t deal with my weakness properly then they will disqualify the power of my strengths.

Striving in my life is spent trying not to let the devil use my weakness for his purpose. The fear of rejection will not rule my life. I will not fear cultivating intimacy which further displays weakness.

We are divinely disabled by God. I am made incomplete by God’s design because I am made to need God. I don’t have a complete package: nobody on earth does. We all need God. God made women because he saw that men are incomplete without them. They need something they can’t provide for themselves. We need the opposite sex, we need each other, we need God, we need the body of Christ. Humans are made with the same need for God. There are things we can’t do for ourselves which require us to look to God for grace and strength. If we were actually perfect, then we would have no need for God and therefore shouldn’t waste our time worshiping Him.

I will not despise most the weaknesses God placed in my life that make me depend on him. He has to shine through in areas that aren’t taken up by me, places where I lack. God—on purpose—made me incomplete so His glory could shine through just so all would know that we couldn’t do it on our own.

When you notice the way you respond to the weaknesses of other people, its’ telling you what you think about your own weaknesses. If you are overly critical about the weaknesses or situations of other people, then you despise and can’t accept your own. If you are gracious with your own, then you will be gracious with others. God gives us grace for the weaknesses he made us with.

If I had a little magic wand to fix all my problems: maybe give myself endless wealth and comfort, by the time I was done waving that little wand, none of us would need God any longer. Only God alone can take my areas of weaknesses and make them areas of glory. His glory.

I will not live in defeated weakness. What knocks me down will not keep me down because God wants us to fight on. We should be eventually empowered by the trials that set us back.

I will not live in deceptive weakness. Jesus had more compassion on those who admitted their weaknesses. He called the Pharisees ‘white washed tombs” because they looked great on the outside to all who came near or knew of them, but they were thoroughly dead inside. They painted over their weaknesses. People hate hypocrisy and Jesus Christ dealt with it first hand because they thought they had no need for God.

Moses was lead to God by a burning bush. The bush never stopped being a bush. It just sat there an accommodated the presence of God. It converted a man who converted a nation who converted the world.

When God did what he came to do, the bush was still a bush. It didn’t become a rose bush. It didn’t become an oak tree. I want to accommodate the glory of God in my life, but there has to be room. There have to be ‘me parts’ missing. I don’t have to change to be something I’m not. It’s because ‘I’m not’ is the very reason God can use me.

There has to be some reason, some way in my life, that I need God.

I have divine weakness. His power is made perfect in it.

Thank you very much ladies, for the open conversation. May Biblical, open, respectful correction flow within our fellowship. To draw us first to our faces with God, then to open arms with each other, then extended hearts to the lost who see how we treat each other.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abbs, I have a question...(This is not my opinion but a question that was posed to me by a 10 year old girl). She said " Why do people come on here to her website and praise her so much? Does she not get tierd of it? Does she not want to direct the attention to God?" I said well i think she has she always gives glory to God first! Then she said well still doesn't she get tierd of hearing it. If I were her I would feel better then everyone one else becasue they talked about me so much." i said everyone needs to here the good. Then she said"What about the bad?" then she walked away. So I don't know if this is some phsyco analysis I need to preform here but maybe in an email or on here or where ever you could answer those questions she had for you! Thank you abby! Your friend forever (HAHA) Heather

Monday, February 27, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Abby:
I wish I had your faith my child for it seems so strong. I'm afraid that I have lost all of mine, but I hope that you never do. Keep on going.
Scott

Saturday, March 04, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
Less then 60 days now!!! I am comin on home. Anyways, thought I would say high, because I havn't heard from you in so long. Shame on you. I love you, and I will be in touch soon. Your bro. Oh, my blog should have more stuff on it soon. Pics and all. BYE BYE
www.spcellyson.blog.com

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home